1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture.
2. Combine buttermilk, oil, and egg.
3. Add liquid ingredients to the flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet.
5. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
Maple Apple Drizzle
4 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
scant ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
scant ¼ teaspoon allspice
1. After preparing the apples as directed combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. When the mixture boils increase the heat to bring mixture to gelling point. Stir as needed to prevent sticking.